Level 5 Leadership Residential Childcare
Course Level: Level 5
Delivery: Apprenticeship & Learner Loan
Study mode: Full Time
Timescale: 20 Months
This course is designed to develop the skills, knowledge and behaviors that professionals working as childcare and support managers in the sector.
- Understand children and young people’s development in residential childcare.
- Understand support for children and young people who are vulnerable and disadvantaged.
- Lead and manage a team within a residential childcare setting
- Manage risk in residential childcare
- Lead and manage group living in residential childcare
- Lead practice to promote the rights, diversity and equality of children and young people in residential childcare
- Undertake professional development in residential childcare settings.
- Lead practice to support the safeguarding and protection of children and young people in residential childcare settings.
Examples Of Optional Modules Including:
- Undertake a research project within services for health and social care or children and young people.
- Lead practice to support young people leaving care
This Qualification Is Suitable For:
- Residential Childcare Managers
- Residential Childcare Assistant Managers
- Residential Childcare Deputy Managers
- Have employment within the sector.
- Completed a DBS check.
- For Level 5 qualifications the qualification is funded through an advanced learner loan only.
- Prior to starting the course, learners will be asked to complete the Acacia Skills Scan, which helps to identify if a learner is in a job role that allows them to demonstrate competency relevant to the course.
How to enrol:
Call: 01782 646346